Ahead of the inaugural Disney Infinity Toy Box Summit, the guys over at Disney and Avalanche Software have released the a full list of the new features that will be available for players in the brand new Toy Box Mode for Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes. These new tools and toys not only add a lot to the game, but also make it easier to build amazing worlds and games. We recently went hands-on with Disney Infinity 2.0 and got to see some of these new features in-action, but now you can check them out in all their glory:
- Toy Box Tools – Procedural generation of content can now be accessed and harnessed through two primary systems:
- Creators – Tools that the player can place into the world in real-time, and a themed arrangement will procedurally build that world within minutes.
- Builders – Non-player characters (NPCs) that a player can drop into their Toy Box to build out detailed worlds.
- Templates – Players can use these pre-built Toy Box Games ranging from battle arenas to race tracks and customise them using the items saved in their personal Toy Boxes.
- Toy Box Games – The Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Starter Pack will feature Toy Box Game discs, which players can use to access standalone game modes including Tower Defence and Dungeon Crawler games that any character from across the Disney Infinity universe can play.
- INteriors –Players can now create their own interior levels where they can build rooms and theme them to their favourite characters. Unlock hundreds of furniture pieces and decorations based on iconic Disney and Marvel properties.
- New Toys – New toys allow players to make more detailed games with beginnings, endings, winners, losers, result screens and virtually any type of game including races, battles, collection-based games, defence games or exploration adventures.
- Challenge Maker – Allows players to create any type of game, including structured games within the Toy Box.
- Toy Box Game Maker – Allows creators to restrict core actions typically available in the Toy Box, such as the use of the magic wand.
- Text Creator – Allows builders to write their own text bubbles in the Toy Box. All text is filtered through a safe chat server for friendly writing.
- Creativi-Toys – More than 75 new Creativi-Toys allow players to customize their Toy Boxes even further.
- Improved On-Boarding – The introductory Toy Box will now be filled with Game Play Hosts who are available to assign missions and answer questions, as needed. Players are free to learn and explore on their own, but can ask a host for help and they’ll even be rewarded with extra goodies once missions are completed.
- Updated Online Services – A Newsfeed screen has been added to the main menu, giving the user an overview of the new online services:
- Increased Storage – Storage for locally saved Toy Boxes in a player’s private cloud has increased from 100 to 300 Toy Boxes. Support for downloadable published Toy Boxes has increased from 100 to 100,000 Toy Boxes.
- Like and Search User-Generated Toy Boxes – Players can “like” their favourite published Toy Boxes and find others that are well received. Quickly search through the published Toy Boxes using categories (developer picks, most liked, most downloaded, newest, trending, all Toy Boxes and Disney 1.0), and further refine the search with filters (genre, character required, ability required and Toy Box Games).
- Sharing with Friends – Share Toy Boxes with friends directly using cloud storage.
All of these new toys and features combined with the mechanics of the original game will surely result in endless possibilities and unlimited fun. We have attached a short trailer below that shows off some of these new additions. Check it out below and let us know in the comments what excites you most about Disney Infinity 2.0Related Articles for this post below: