TECMO KOEI AMERICA ANNOUNCES ATELIER RORONA PLUS: THE ALCHEMIST OF ARLAND FOR PLAYSTATION 3 AND PLAYSTATION VITA
Cult Hit RPG to Launch with Updated Graphics, New Story Content and Revamped Gameplay System on June 24
BURLINGAME, Calif. – MAY 8, 2014 – TECMO KOEI America today announced that the turn-based RPG Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland will launch in North America on June 24, 2014 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and digitally for PlayStation®Vita handheld system through the PlayStation®Store. The hit 2010 game Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist Of Arlandreturns better than ever with updated 3D models, restructured gameplay system and more. Additionally, those who pre-order the PlayStation 3 version at GameStop will receive an exclusive Costume set with the “Orange Swimsuit” and “Lady’s Etiquette Costume”.
The popular RPG franchise from acclaimed developer, Gust, carries on the tradition of the beloved Atelier series, using alchemy as the main focal point. Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland focuses on the exploits of Rorolina Frixell, one the most identified characters of the Arland trilogy, a young girl who is assigned to complete alchemy tasks over three years in order to keep her alchemy workshop and not be banished from the kingdom of Arland.
Players can craft new items and also battle enemies using the power of alchemy. As all games in the Atelier series, this title is set against a stunning anime-like background with beautiful 3D graphics and is characterized by an elaborate crafting and synthesis system.
At the behest of a wide number of fans, Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland features a completely revamped 3D character model for Rorona, but the improvements don’t stop there as the game itself has been significantly enhanced: item synthesis & crafting system has been redesigned for better playability, while there will be additional chapters and playable characters previously unavailable throughout the series.
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist Of Arlandnew additions include:
- Enhanced 3D character models
- New field map modelling creates more rich and vibrant scenery
- New chapters featuring Totori and Meruru who return from the previous Arland trilogies “Atelier Meruru Plus” and “Atelier Totori Plus”, brimming with new content and illustrations
- Additional Content, including playable characters, maps, bosses, costumes and more
- Improved Synthesis system and new Assignment system
- Expanded Item Crafting
- New battle system with advanced battle features and skill execution between characters
- New Time Capsule system allows players to bury items in Atelier Rorona and retrieve them in Atelier Meruru Plus, and Atelier Totori Plus
- Over 30 different Endings: Interactions with character and decisions made to complete missions with affect the ending offering extremely high replay value
- Data saving and sharing between PlayStation®3 and PS®Vita versions
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland is developed by Gust and published in North America by Tecmo Koei America. The PlayStation 3 version will be available for $49.99 at participating retailers and through the PlayStation Store, and the PS Vita version will be available for $39.99 exclusively through the PlayStation Store. Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland will launch June 24, 2014 and has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB. For more information visit www.tecmokoeiamerica.com and follow www.facebook.com/ateliergames and https://twitter.com/TecmoKoeiUS.
About TECMO KOEI AMERICA CORP:
TECMO KOEI AMERICA CORP. is a publisher of interactive entertainment software for current generation consoles, handhelds and digital download content based in Burlingame, California. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of TECMO KOEI HOLDINGS CO., LTD., headquartered in Yokohama, Japan. TECMO is best known for the Dead or Alive®, Ninja Gaiden®, Tecmo Bowl®, and Fatal Frame® series. KOEI is best known for its Dynasty Warriors® and Samurai Warriors® franchises. On April 1, 2009, TECMO KOEI HOLDINGS CO., LTD was established as a result of the TECMO, LTD. and KOEI Co., Ltd. merger.