ASTRO GAMING UPDATES AWARD-WINNING A40 PRO-GAMING HEADSETS WITH NEW NEON COLOURS
Critically Acclaimed ASTRO Gaming A40 Headsets available soon in High-Style, Retro Neon Colours: Pink, Yellow, Orange and Red
Can Neon Colours Improve Gaming Performance?
ASTRO Gaming, creators of premium video gaming equipment for professional and hardcore gamers, announce a slew of bright new neon colours for the brand’s most popular product the ASTRO A40 Pro-Gaming Headset. Over the years, ASTRO Gaming fans have been clamouring in support of a wider colour palette for the studio’s best-selling audiophile-grade headsets and today ASTRO officially reveals a July 2014 release of four of the most requested colours – Pink, Yellow, Orange and Red. The ASTRO A40 Pro-Gaming Headset’s four new neon colour choices join the two existing colour options of Black and White.
“ASTRO Gaming has one of the most passionate fan bases in the gaming industry and we’ve always paid close attention to their suggestions for product improvement – it’s a critical part of how we’ve maintained our edge, delivering technologically superior, professionally performing and cutting-edge products year after year after year,” said Aron Drayer, Director of Marketing, ASTRO Gaming. “While there is currently no conclusive scientific evidence that Neon Colours can improve gaming performance there is no question that any player sporting a new set of Neon A40s is going to stand out in a crowd and may even distract a few opposing players!”
2013 Edition ASTRO A40 Pro-Gaming Headset Features:
- New Neon Colours: Four new high-style, neon colour choices: Pink, Yellow, Orange and Red. The new neon colours join the A40’s existing black and white choices for a total of six colour options.
- Multi-System Compatibility: When bought with the MixAmp™ Pro, the ASTRO Gaming A40 Headset’s are compatible with any major platform you choose to game on. Whether you’re gaming on a PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PC, or a mobile platform, ASTRO has you covered. PS4 Compatibility: ASTRO Gaming headsets are fully compatible with PS4 once the Firmware 1.50 update has been applied to the console. When paired with the MixAmp™ Pro, A40 headsets deliver Dolby® Digital 5.1 and 7.1 game audio and full voice chat functionality over the PlayStation Network. Xbox One Compatibility: Game Audio. Once the Xbox One system update is performed, it enables Dolby® 5.1/7.1 through the optical SPDIF. Xbox One consoles with the latest system update allows ASTRO products to deliver GAME AUDIO in 7.1 Dolby® Digital surround sound. Voice Chat. The connector on the controller is now a proprietary port, meaning that all ASTRO products will require an adapter to connect to Xbox Live for online VOICE CHAT. Microsoft’s Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter is now available as a stand-alone product.
- Quick Disconnect Cabling System: Updated version of the ASTRO Quick Disconnect system, offering the same flexibility of using multiple cable types and lengths, but now plugging directly into the headset via a 3.5mm 4-pole jack instead of the original mid-cable release. This increases reliability and durability while also making it easier to change to preferred cable lengths and update cables as desired.
- Media Controller Cable: Designed to move freely between mobile, console and PC gaming, the ASTRO A40 Headset features a unique Media Controller Cable providing total audio control featuring: an in-line mic; an in-line mute; a switch that toggles between in-line and boom mics; a multi-use call/pick-up/music track control button; and, a volume control wheel.
- Best Sounding ASTRO Headsets Ever: The 2013 Edition ASTRO A40 has re-tuned drivers and enclosures with improved low-end response and less distortion at high volumes making them the most accurate ASTRO headsets ever.
- ASTRO Audio Experience – Engineered specifically for gaming, ASTRO Audio delivers audiophile-grade sound in a richly detailed positional audio experience. ASTRO A40 headsets are designed for extended game playing, movie watching and music listening sessions and feature superior fit and finish.
- Removable Mic System: The ASTRO A40 features a highly precise, removable boom mic, which can be removed and swapped from ear to ear for a more customizable in-game communication experience.
- Customisable Speaker Tags: ASTRO A40 headsets feature a magnetic, removable and customisable Speaker Tag system. Tags can be designed online to create a unique look for teams, clans, guilds or simply for pure personal expression.
SRP: $229 Headset Only. SRP when purchased with the MixAmp™ Pro: $329
Follow Bluemouth Interactive:
# # #
About Bluemouth Interactive
Established in 2003, Bluemouth Interactive is a leading independent supplier of video game, mobile phone and audio accessories in Asia Pacific. Bluemouth’s award winning product portfolio and regional distribution capability have positioned the business at the leading edge of entertainment distribution. Bluemouth’s Management team is comprised of several entertainment industry professionals who have previously held senior roles at leading public listed entertainment companies including Disney, Take-Two, THQ, Paramount and Warner. Bluemouth’s insistence on genuine partnership and market development ensures that Bluemouth Interactive remain the trusted business partner of choice for entertainment accessories in Asia Pacific. Please visit our website for further information www.bluemouth.com or join us at facebook.com/BluemouthInteractive
About ASTRO Gaming
ASTRO Gaming creates premium video gaming equipment for pro gamers, leagues, gaming enthusiasts and their lifestyles. Spun-off from design powerhouse ASTRO Studios, known in the gaming world for designing the Microsoft Xbox 360™, Alienware PCs, and HP’s Gaming PCs, ASTRO Gaming produces a line of gamer-centric “tech-life” products, supporting this rapidly growing community. ASTRO Gaming’s product line includes the A50 Wireless Headset, the A40 Audio System, the A30 Cross-Gaming Headset, and the Transport Series of gaming gear bags.
About Skullcandy, Inc.
Skullcandy is the leading global lifestyle and performance audio brand driven by the creativity and irreverence of youth culture. Skullcandy designs, markets and distributes audio and gaming headphones and other related products under the Skullcandy, Astro Gaming and 2XL by Skullcandy brands. Skullcandy was launched in 2003 and quickly became one of the world’s most distinct audio brands by bringing unique technology, colour, character and performance to an otherwise monochromatic space; helping to revolutionize the audio arena by introducing headphones, earbuds and other audio and wireless lifestyle products that possess unmistakable style and exceptional performance. The Company’s products are sold and distributed through a variety of channels in the U.S. and approximately 80 countries worldwide. Visit skullcandy.com, or join us at facebook.com/skullcandy or on Twitter @skullcandy.