STEAM WORKSHOP INTEGRATED IN EARLY ACCESS SPACE SIM STARPOINT GEMINI 2
All New Stunning Oculus Rift® Screenshots Revealed
Haarlem, The Netherlands – April 23, 2014 – Iceberg Interactive and developer Little Green Men Games announced today the integration of Steam Workshop into its popular space sim Starpoint Gemini 2 (PC), currently available on Steam’s Early Accessprogram. With the Steam Workshop, the game’s community can create individualized Starpoint Gemini 2 content and make it available as a downloadable addition to the base game.
Oculus Rift® support will be available at Starpoint Gemini 2’s official launch.
“Modding is at the heart of Starpoint Gemini 2 and we have done, and will continue to do, everything possible to open up SPG2 and allow virtually anything to be changed, tweaked, and improved by the community,” said Danijel Mihokovic, CTO at Little Green Men Games. “Regardless if a Mod is a simple change of a weapon effect or a full-blown total conversion, SPG2 makes everything possible.”
The Steam Workshop Beta update is available now and includes the addition of junkyards to the game world, plus tweaks and improvements to improve overall gameplay. For a full list of changes or to purchase Starpoint Gemini 2 on the Steam Early Access program at $24.99, please visit store.steampowered.com/app/236150/.
About Starpoint Gemini 2
In this sequel to Starpoint Gemini, players will captain their own space ship and roam the galaxy in 3D in this tactical space simulator with tons of RPG depth! Space has never looked so inviting – but images can betray… It has been two years since the end of the second Gemini war, and the situation in the war-torn system is further from resolution than ever before.
- Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
- Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
- Use T-Gates, wormholes and rift ways to travel faster around the Gemini System.
- Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power struggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
- Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
- Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
- Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
- More than 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with, amongst other things, visible turrets, and a large arsenal of heavy weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
- Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology
# # #
ABOUT LITTLE GREEN MEN GAMES
LGM Games is a team of highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists, and animators sharing the same passion for video games. LGM Games made its first appearance in the gaming industry in 2011 with their debut title Starpoint Gemini, a space-flavored RPG sim.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive (www.iceberg-games.com) is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 70+ game arsenal – with more promising games in the pipeline.