STAR LORDS MORPHS INTO LORDS OF THE BLACK SUN, HITS BETA MILESTONE ON STEAM
Arkavi Studios Unveils Sizzling New Beta Gameplay Trailer
Haarlem, The Netherlands– April 22, 2014 – Indie developer Arkavi Studios has issued a one-two punch announcement today by revealing it’s changed its name from Star Lords to Lords of the Black Sun, while simultaneously reaching the all-important Beta stage of development on Steam. The Beta features highly improved AI that utilizes the ship design component, making for more powerful ships and tougher battles, and offers streamlined gameplay and interface functionality, better lighting, and more.
The brand new gameplay trailer emphasizes what sets apart Lords of the Black Sun from other entries in the 4X realm.
Important Beta Updates:
- Improved AI: Now the AI fully uses the ship design component and its latest additions, designing more powerful ships and better managing its military forces making it a significantly tougher opponent.
- Major bug fixes and fixed some crashes and stability issues. Bug and crash fixes include the corrupted save files bug and the Trade Routes menu crash.
- Multiplayer is now being tested internally. While it’s not available in this first Beta release, it will be included soon.
- Added revamped Light and Medium Draakian ships models.
“We at Arkavi Studios are very happy to see Lords of the Black Sun reach this new stage of development,” says Mike Domingues from Arkavi Studios. “We’ve been working hard and the community has been incredibly useful since we went into Early Access, and for that we want to thank everyone involved. However, we still have a long road ahead of us and we hope to continue having the community by our side, helping us make the great space strategy title everyone wants and expects.”
In Lords of the Black Sun, players take command of one race to join the struggle for supremacy in the galaxy. As the leader of an empire, gamers are tasked with exploring the stars, colonizing new worlds, managing their empire and conquering whoever dares to oppose them. Within a framework of turn-based strategy and turn-based combat, Lords of the Black Sun endeavors to differentiate itself by providing players with the ability to beat their opponents by using generals, diplomacy, intelligence, trading, or plotting the downfall of enemies by financing wars against them or aiming to cause anarchy.
Lords of the Black Sun has now entered Beta and is available on the Steam Early Access program at $24.99 at store.steampowered.com/app/246940/
- Eight major races each with their own ship designs, technologies, unique traits and unique abilities, meaning playing with each race is a different challenge and offers new ways to approach the game.
- Big, living universe: In addition to the major powers, independent races and pirate clans also claim the galaxy as their residence; their existence can be an annoyance, or a blessing if gamers take advantage of them.
- Deep economic and political layer: War isn’t the only way to weaken players’ rivals. Diplomacy, intelligence and trade can be one of many powerful tools that, if used properly, can be very effective as well.
- Tactical turn-based combat.
- Create and customize ship designs.
- Generals: These unique and powerful units evolve as they battle and if used well can be the difference between defeat and victory.
- Randomly generated universe, tech tree and units: gamers will never play the same game twice.
- Empire shattering: Unrest might lead rebels to start a civil war, which in turn might lead to the creation of a new, independent empire that might grow to rival one’s own.
- Plotting: Secretly finance a war against one’s rivals in order to weaken them or prepare a surprise joint war along with allies in a bid to destroy that frighteningly fast growing empire.
- Human-like AI that doesn’t cheat and plays by the same rules as human players, while presenting a constant challenge; conversely, play with one’s friends in Hotseat mode.
# # #
ABOUT ARKAVI STUDIOS
Arkavi Studios is an independent game development company founded in 2013 in Leiria, Portugal. We are really passionate about what we do, putting our heart and soul into every game we make, and making the games we would like to play.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 70+ game arsenal – with more promising games in the pipeline.
Play it cool!