NO APRIL FOOLS WITH STARPOINT GEMINI 2: NEW BETA UPDATE
New Dazzling Looking Wormholes and Particle Effects, New ‘Smuggle’ Mission and Fresh Screenshots
Haarlem, The Netherlands – April 1, 2014 – No joke here, indie developer Little Green Men Games is spoiling its community today with a brand new update to space sim Starpoint Gemini 2 (PC), currently available on Steam’s Early Access program and growing ever more popular as it nears completion. This first post-Beta update brings the game just that much closer to final launch, and features a number of improvements and community-suggested tweaks. Also included is the brand new smuggle Freelance mission and many visual enhancements have been made to fine-tune the game.
Important Update Notes Include:
- UPDATED: Wormholes received a visual and physics overhaul
- UPDATED: It is no longer possible to dock on hostile stations/planets
- UPDATED: HUD markers transparency now depends on distance to object
- ADDED: Smuggle Freelance mission
- ADDED: Particle effects on ships when being damaged
- ADDED: Heavy weapons can now force a ship to drop Power to Engines
- FIXED: Several bugs, amongst others in dialog panel issues and ship assembly
Starpoint Gemini 2 is currently in Beta on Steam’s Early Access program and is set to launch later in Q2 on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/236150
About Starpoint Gemini 2
In this sequel to Starpoint Gemini, players will captain their own space ship and roam the galaxy in 3D in this tactical space simulator with tons of RPG depth! Space has never looked so inviting – but images can betray… It has been two years since the end of the second Gemini war, and the situation in the war-torn system is further from resolution than ever before.
- Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
- Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
- Use T-Gates, wormholes and rift ways to travel faster around the Gemini System.
- Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power struggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
- Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
- Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
- Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
- More than 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with, amongst other things, visible turrets, and a large arsenal of heavy weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
- Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology
# # #
ABOUT LITTLE GREEN MEN GAMES
LGM Games is a team of highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists, and animators sharing the same passion for video games. LGM Games made their first appearance in the gaming industry in 2011 with their debut title Starpoint Gemini, a space-flavored RPG sim.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive (www.iceberg-games.com) is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Iceberg operates in the vibrant European games market through retail publishing and worldwide via direct relationships with dozens of digital download portals. With a distinct focus on the genres of simulations, adventure, strategy and MMO/action games, Iceberg has successfully released digital hits in European retail, such as Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space – but is also known to back indie developers in getting their games into both the retail and digital space.