ICEBERG INTERACTIVE OFFERS FREE UPDATE TO 4X STRATEGY GAME HORIZON
33% Weeklong Steam Discount and New Batch of Screenshots Accompany Post-Launch Free Update
Haarlem, The Netherlands— April 14, 2014 – Iceberg Interactive and developer L3O Interactive announced today a free update for its classic 4X strategy game Horizon (PC), which launched on Steam early February 2014. The post-launch update includes a number of upgrades designed to make gameplay more challenging and incorporates improvements and tweaks suggested by Horizon’s community. The update coincides with today’s new weeklong deal on Steam, offering the game at a 33% discount. Get a copy of Horizon on Steam HERE: store.steampowered.com/app/236130/
Important Update Notes Include:
- UPDATED: Improved fleet managing A.I. for attacks, or rallying to defend a system
- UPDATED: Rebalanced economy and race relations
- UPDATED: Improved UI
- ADDED: French language now supported
- ADDED: A new refit system is added to more easily change the design of existing ships
- ADDED: New UI icons added making it easier to distinguish surveyed planets
Horizon is a turn-based space-strategy game of galactic exploration and conquest in which players are in control of humanity’s destiny. Explore deep space, find new frontiers and discover the alien artefacts hidden in long-abandoned planets. Players will also learn more about the galaxy as they come into contact with ten other species, each with their own unique culture, history, and schemes.
Horizon’s fully interactive galaxy allows players to navigate open space between stars and planets, patrol borders and, when the need arises, defend one’s territory by engaging in ship to ship tactical combat. Develop new colonies and watch them become galactic centers for trade, industry, and science – and of course military bases, outposts and shipyards to build custom battle ships. Players will push the empire to its limits and go beyond the known horizon!
- Advanced turn-based tactical combat, which many 4X fans have been requesting for years
- Full Tactical ship control includes managing movement, weapons, and more. Board other ships, attack from planetary, and orbital defences
- A distinct open world system, where ships can explore without artificial limits and where combat can span many turns before concluding
- Interact with alien races of different levels, including ancient civilizations featuring their own unique storyline, schemes, ships and technology
- An immersive galaxy storyline with open-ended missions that add another layer of gameplay over classic 4x mode, which is also available
- Engage in meaningful diplomacy choices that will impact the game outcome, includes coordinated actions with your allies against your enemies
- Discover more than 80 technologies each with 10 levels of upgrades Conduct planetary surveys and dig for artifacts
- Players can design and customize their ships’ weapons and systems based on available technology
- A detailed economy and colony management system with different types and levels of colonies based on gamers build choices
- Play in different galaxy configurations from a few dozen stars to over a hundred star systems containing more than a thousand planets
# # #
ABOUT L3O INTERACTIVE
L3O Interactive (http://www.l30.com) is a Canadian independent video game developer located in Toronto, Ontario. L3O was founded on the principle to make classic hardcore games with innovative and more immersive gameplay elements. The studio is currently focused on completing its first commercial project Horizon, a grand space 4X game which strives to bring a new experience to strategy and sci-fi gamers!
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive (www.iceberg-games.com) is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 70+ game arsenal – with more promising games in the pipeline.