FLAT EARTH GAMES BUILDS TOWNCRAFT FOR iPHONE AND MAC
With an Extraordinary Level of New Content, Gamers Can Now Craft, Build, Explore and More This Spring
Sydney, Australia – April 7, 2014 – Flat Earth Games, the Australian development studio that launched the successful crafting-building-exploration game TownCraft last fall on iPad, has unveiled its newest construction –TownCraft will arrive on iPhone and Mac this spring and will update the current iPad version. The new game adds a whole new level of depth and challenge and an impressive volume of new content, including four new levels, 30 new resources, new building types and structures, 44 new quests, and much more.
“We are excited and delighted to bring the TownCraft experience to the iPhone and Mac players,” said Leigh Harris, Lead Designer. “Players around the world have provided superb feedback, letting us know they genuinely appreciate the Zen-like approach to game design, huge amount of content we’ve been adding and the lack of in-app purchases. We believe players will love the expansive world and the depth of gameplay in our new version of TownCraft.”
TownCraft is an addictive, relaxing, and non-violent crafting and city-building game, set in medieval times; players are alone in the wilderness and must start a new town to be the toast of the kingdoms. Gamers begin by crafting the most basic of tools, tying a sharpened stone to a small piece of wood as a hatchet, but before long the town will be teeming and with travellers from all across the land. They’ll buy wares at the local shops, come to check out the sights, have some food and drink at the tavern players build. They’ll come looking to trade, work, fish, farm, forage, hire, fire, and explore the bizarre and distinctive world of TownCraft.
Key Features in TownCraft
- Play a new world every time – no two worlds will ever be the same thanks to procedurally generated maps!
- Players will test their skills at crafting, with hundreds of different objects to create.
- Gamers can build bridges, jetties, workshops and windmills in the effort to create a fully functioning and self-sufficient town.
- Players will order around muck-ridden peasants, who will manage their gold mines, stone quarries, crop fields, lakes, shops and taverns.
- Users will play in a world with a real-time day and night cycle – workers will wake up, go to work, hit the tavern to meet some passing travellers later at night, and then get some shut-eye again.
- Gamers can explore each new world and unearth countless resources, from cotton to canary eggs, gold to grapes, wheat to wax and stone to silver.
- Players will follow an off-beat story as kingdoms vie for control.
TownCraft is produced with the support of Screen Australia, and is currently available on iPad on the APP Store for $4.99 (with no in-app purchases); it will be out on iPhone and the Mac this spring. For more information, keep in touch with Flat Earth Games on their Website www.flatearthgames.com.au, ‘like’ them on Facebook, and follow them on Twitter @fegames.