On Tap in Austin: Devolver Digital Turns Up the Heat at South by SouthWest with Jaw-Dropping Indie Games, Indie Cinema Premieres and a Film Distribution Panel Discussion from the Future
– Go hands on with the anticipated Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, catch a worldwide premiere for the remarkable professional gaming documentary “Good Game” and Hear Why Digital Distribution is the Future of Your Indie Film with Devolver Digital at SXSW –
AUSTIN—MARCH 3, 2014 –– Devilishly handsome Austin-based independent games and film publisher and distributor Devolver Digital is going big at South by SouthWest next week with an incredible array of indie games demos, independent films and an in-depth panel featuring the best minds from the games and independent film industries. The panel focuses on the future of indie film distribution, “Can Digital Game Publishing Show Us the Way?” on Tuesday, March 11 at 12:30pm in Room 15 at the Austin Convention Center.
The hotly anticipated PC game Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number will be showcased in Devolver Digital’s indie gaming Array of Spectacularness from Friday, March 7 through Sunday, March 16 at booth 145 in the Austin Convention Center. Additionally, attendees can get their hands on Vlambeer’s LUFTRAUSERS, and get bro-y with Broforce and glimpse the complex moral-dilemmas in the upcoming Gods Will Be Watching.
Devolver Films commemorates its first birthday on March 11 with a kickass celebration and the free worldwide premiere of its latest indie documentary, ‘Good Game’ at the Seekret Theater at 7pm. ‘Good Game’ follows the notorious professional Starcraft 2 team, Evil Geniuses, and goes behind the scenes in the ruthless world of competitive gaming.
Since forming at SXSW one year ago, Devolver Digital’s film distribution arm has already seen the release of more than 50 independent films across multiple genres. The team invites SXSW attendees, fellow filmmakers, indie film fans and gamers to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ with them on the infamous RVIP Lounge and Karaoke Bus on Monday, March 10, from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m. In addition to drinks, karaoke and general debauchery, Devolver will hold a special screening for one of its most critically-praised films, Let’s Ruin it With Babies, which was lauded by the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Marie Claire Magazine and more that night at a super secret location to be revealed at a later time.
Mike Wilson, co-founder of Devolver Digital said, “One year of distributing great indie films is something to celebrate. We’re fortunate to work with such amazing people every day, and we’re looking forward to bringing more of these passion projects—whether they’re games or films—to bigger audiences.”
Wilson is set to speak about digital distribution for independent game developers and filmmakers on the panel “Can Digital Game Publishing Show Us the Way?” on Tuesday, March 11 at 12:30pm in Room 15 at the Austin Convention Center. Joining him on the panel is Director of Business Development at online direct-to-fan distribution platform VHX Adam Klaff, Portal and Portal 2 Designer Mike Morasky, Co-founder of the Humble Bundle John Graham, and Stephanie Tinsley Schopp, principal at the boutique PR consultancy Tinsley-PR.
About the Devolver Digital Interactive Pavilion of Spectacularness:
· Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number follows 2012’s critical hit and commercial success Hotline Miami with more carnage, distinct visuals and a pulsing soundtrack, all wrapped up in a story that blurs the line between fiction and reality.
· In LUFTRAUSERS, developer Vlambeer marries aerial dog-fighting with a classic arcade style that’s makes being a fighter pilot feel truly badass.
· The highly-anticipated Gods Will Be Watching from developer Deconstructeam promises sweaty palms and furrowed brows as players point and click their way through puzzles that make them confront tough ethical choices.
· In the run-and-gun, side-scrolling action game Broforce, developer Free Live Games introduces a hyper-masculine group of commanders who fight terrorists and free prisoners of war, in the dudeliest way possible.
To schedule a time to meet up with Devolver at SXSW, please hit up Stephanie Tinsley Schopp, Stephanie@Tinsley-PR.com.
Bios and detailed information regarding the “Can Digital Game Publishing Show Us the Way?” panel: http://schedule.sxsw.com/2014/events/event_FP27000.
For more information about Devolver Digital, please visit: www.DevolverDigital.com.