MONSTER MADNESS ONLINE STARTS SECOND PUBLIC PRE-ALPHA
New Features Include First Story Challenge, New Enemies and Barry’s Clubhouse Now Open for Business in the F2P Action RPG Shooter
Gainesville, FL – February 7, 2014 – Nom Nom Games, a newly formed indie subsidiary of Trendy Entertainment, today launched its second public pre-Alpha play session of Monster Madness Online. Players can jump into the fray now at www.MonsterMadness.com to experience the many thrilling updates such as a new story mission, enemies, items, play modes, and crafting abilities, among others. Set in the popular Monster Madness universe, this new action RPG shooter is in development by the masterminds behind the highly acclaimed Dungeon Defenders.
“We are looking forward to players checking out the new content and providing us valuable feedback from this next phase,” said Jeremy Stieglitz, director at Nom Nom Games. “Our development structure is designed to receive information from players and quickly implement it, providing a new level of transparency between our team and our fans. These early play sessions provide just a taste of many more exciting things to come.”
In development for seamless cross-platform gameplay across PC, Mac, Android, Linux, iOS and web browser, the Monster Madness Online pre-Alpha 2 release incorporates the following new content and features:
- The First Campaign Story Mission – Entitled ‘Sewer Sharkz’ the mission features puzzles, bosses, physical challenges, and exclusive rewards!
- Crafting & Upgrading – Collect blueprints, crafting materials and modifier gems, and then use them to construct gear. Upgrade your Gear & Pets with more materials to improve their stats.
- Spells – Apply Spell Amulets onto your gear to grant powerful offensive & defensive magic abilities!
- Barry’s Clubhouse Shop is Now Open – Stop here to buy and sell items using monster tokens. Be careful though, Barry sure loves him some monster cash!
- New Consumable Items – Fans can check out and experiment with Holo-Buddies, Gravity Mines, Root Beer Hats, The Nuke, and more.
- New Difficulty and Hardcore-Permadeath Modes – Tailor your skill level – the tougher the challenge, the better the loot.
- New Weapons, Cosmetic Costumes, Expressions, Item Skins, Attachments, and Pets!
Monster Madness Online is an action RPG shooter set in Suburbia City where citizens are caught totally unprepared for the Martian invasion. The kids of Monster Madness Online — Zack Fowler (the Nerd), Andy Gomez (the Skater dude), Jennifer Sweeney (the Cheerleader), and Carrie Rosenberg (the Goth) — are on a mission to beat back this insidious invasion, block by block, and then take the fight to the enemy’s mother ship and beyond. It’s time to team up, gear out, craft some weapons, and get hunting!
Monster Madness Online features 4-player co-op campaign missions, survival mode, and competitive PvP with 16 player battlegrounds. The game offers deep customization options, enabling gamers to create truly distinct characters then upgrade them with weapons and gear, customize their character classes, and allow them to train pets which will assist in combat.
Monster Madness Online is set for full game release summer 2014 across Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Web Browser, and Steam. For in-depth Monster Madness Online information, please visit www.monstermadness.com, ‘Like’ the game on Facebook, and follow the development team @MonMadOnline