ICEBERG INTERACTIVE LIFTS OFF WITH 4X GAME HORIZON COMING FEBRUARY ON STEAM
Haarlem, The Netherlands – January 13, 2014 – Kicking off the New Year with a bang, L3O Interactive and Iceberg Interactive have revealed that the upcoming 4X space-strategy game Horizon (PC) is headed to Steam early February 2014. Horizon is currently in the late Beta stages on Steam’s Early Access program, where it has an active and involved community that’s helped shape the game’s development and added to its robust feature list. The game will also be released in boxed European retail.
Horizon is a single-player 4X game of galactic exploration and conquest in which players control humanity’s destiny. L30 Interactive’s title stands out from the 4X crowd with its focus a unique storyline focused on mankind’s expansion beyond its own solar system and immediate confrontation with two powerful and ancient races bent on shaping the future. One of the features that was added during Early Access, thanks to the community pleading for it, is the option to also play Horizon in ‘classic 4X’ mode, choosing one of eight races to set out and conquer a hostile universe.
Gamers will venture into deep space, expand into new frontiers and discover alien artifacts on long-abandoned planets, while negotiating, fighting in deep ship-to-ship combat, or partnering with alien species as they reach their intergalactic destinies. They will develop new colonies – and then watch them become galactic centers for trade, industry and science – as well as military bases, outposts and shipyards on their way to conquer new horizons.
Horizon offers immense customization options including races, ships, and power stations; real-time management of multiple tech research branches and simultaneous turn-based battles; and two distinct play modes – Scenario mode focuses on a story encapsulating the fight between two ancient races with dozens of side missions, and Classic mode, the traditional sandbox play mode 4X gamers have come to love over the years.
Horizon Gameplay Features Include:
- Horizon is a deep, accessible 4X space-strategy game that delivers advanced turn-based tactical combat, rich customization, and a vast set of galaxies to explore.
- The huge storyline gives gamers a chance to interact with 10 alien races and explore ancient cultures, artifacts, and galaxies while engaging in open-ended missions. Gamers can engage in meaningful diplomacy choices that will impact the game outcome, including coordinated actions with allies against enemies.
- The distinct open-world system spans multiple galaxies with hundreds of star systems and more than 1,000 planets.
- Two different Gameplay Modes: Scenario Mode offers a story experience focused on the clash of two ancient races, and Classic Mode is the familiar open-ended sandbox experience 4X gamer have grown to love.
- Using up to 80 tech types with 10 upgrades each, gamers can customize ships, weapons, and combat systems.
- Tactical ship control includes managing movement, weapons, and more, as well as attacks from planetary and orbital defenses and boarding enemy ships.
- Design and customize three major areas on your ships: 1) Weapons, 2) Core Systems (armor, sensors, engines, power generator, etc.), and Special Systems (colonizer pods, shields, fighter bays, etc.).
- A detailed economy and colony management system offers different types of colonies based on player build choices.
ABOUT L3O INTERACTIVE
L3O Interactive is an independent Canadian video game developer located in Toronto, Ontario. L3O was founded on the principle to make classic hardcore games with innovative and more immersive gameplay elements. The studio is currently focused on completing its first commercial project Horizon, a grand space 4X game which strives to bring a new experience to strategy and sci-fi gamers!
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 70+ game arsenal – with more promising games in the pipeline.