Support for capturing gameplay via HDMI on next-gen consoles was in murky waters in the lead up to their release. However, the Xbox One will support capture devices at launch while Sony is due to roll out a software update that will add the functionality on the PlayStation 4.
Roxio has one the first capture devices ready for next-gen, the Game Capture HD PRO which will allow users to record as much footage as they want while included video editing software lets you customise the final movie.
Here’s the feature list:
- Integrated voice changer lets you match your voiceover to your game
- Use the picture-in-picture feature to create movies with separate video tracks
- Choose from more than 90 awesome transitions to pull your masterpieces together
- Upload your final movies to YouTube and Facebook simultaneously or output to various formats to play on PCs and mobile devices such as tablets and phones
- With this powerful capture device, record a virtually unlimited amount of gameplay – no need to stick to just the last 5 to 15 minutes!
Retailing at AU$179.95, the Roxio Game Capture HD PRO also supports the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and is available now.