GAMEPIRES’ NEW UPDATE IMPROVES ADDICTIVE MULTIPLAYER RACER GAS GUZZLERS EXTREME
Extensive Community Feedback Fuels Change Shown in New Screenshots
Haarlem, The Netherlands – 21 November 2013 – Video game publisher Iceberg Interactive released today an update for Gas Guzzlers Extreme on Steam (PC) that improves the game’s already highly touted multiplayer experience. Developed by highly respected Croatian studio Gamepires, Gas Guzzlers Extreme offers extensive hi-octane single-player and multiplayer thrills and has received tremendous feedback from both the community as well as high praise from the press.
Today’s update focuses on improving the multiplayer lobby environment while also fixing other minor issues, including:
- Ready button in multiplayer lobby is not clickable if game is in progress
- Added race progress notifications for the players waiting in the multiplayer lobby
- Input controller is automatically set as current input device if plugged-in
- Team color is visible on players in lobby when custom car paint is selected
- Added Croatian and Ukrainian localizations
- Added message for vote keys when voting is initiated
The full 1.0.2 patch log can be found in the Steam Community Hub HERE. steamcommunity.com/games/243800/announcements/detail/1964989296006386881
“After the release of Gas Guzzlers Extreme, we started collecting and filtering feedback via the Steam community hub and game forums,” said Andrej Levenski, Technical Director at Gamepires. “We decided to implement a selection of the most talked-about features in this patch. We hope the update and fixes will enhance the overall multiplayer experience and we look forward to your opinion. See you online!”
Gas Guzzlers Extreme can be purchased in the Steam store page HERE: store.steampowered.com/app/243800. Gamers interested in a box copy of the game can purchase Gas Guzzlers Extreme in European retail or from the Iceberg shop: www.iceberg-games.com.
What the press is saying:
- “Buy this game now and join the online frenzy and thrills of explosive car combat racing.” — Game Chronicles
- “Fast paced action, good track design and great music: a thoroughly enjoyable combat racing experience.” – Hookedgamers.com
- “The solid controls, amazing visuals and sheer variety on offer are well worth the £18.99 asking price.” – InvisionCommunity.co.uk
- “A comfortable looking racing videogame with an aggressive edge that much of its competition simply can’t match and a handling system that feels responsive enough for the player to make the most of it.” – Electronictheatre.co.uk
ABOUT GAS GUZZLERS EXTREME
Gas Guzzlers Extreme is a fast, furious, armed-to-the-teeth, trigger-happy shooter, shifted into top gear! Take a white knuckle ride in this crazily addictive combat racing game that features a ton of vehicles, weapons, upgrades, on-track bonuses and environments. Gas Guzzlers Extreme is an exciting new twist on the car combat experience with the addition of furious team/clan combat battles.
Players start out with low performance vehicles and soon work their way up to high-performance models, by earning money in a series of hi-octane races and arena battles. New game modes, tracks and vehicles are unlocked as players progress through the game. Along with developing their driving and fighting skills, players can spend their hard-fought cash, customizing their vehicle to match their clan members or pimping their ride for the road to glory!
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 70+ game arsenal – with more promising games in the pipeline.