King, the world’s leading company in casual games, is celebrating its first anniversary since Candy Crush Saga, the addictive mobile game that took the world by storm, was first unleashed to the masses. Some could argue that it’s the most successful game of all time with half a billion downloads. No bad for a Bejeweled-type game.
To mark the anniversary festivities, King wanted to share some statistics:
- Over 150 billion individual games have been played to date
- 61 per cent of UK Candy Crush Saga fans say that they play whilst on their daily commute on public transport, while 78 per cent of US fans revealed that they enjoy switching-and-matching most whilst watching the TV.
- One in every 23 Facebook users worldwide is now a fan of Candy Crush Saga
- The most popular time that fans play Candy Crush Saga is between the hours of 6-9pm in the evening, and Sundays are the favourite day to play.
- Level 65 is the most notorious for being the level that people got most stuck on but also generates the most excitement and celebrations once completed.