To match the new exteriors, the drones feature propellers in two different colours for each version: beige and black for the Sand model, white and black for the Snow model and khaki and black for the Jungle model.
If you were waiting for additional bling, wanting to feel like the Beast of Kandahar or getting the jump on unsuspecting film subjects, now seems like a good time to invest in a new gadget.
The Elite Editions keeps the original set of features of the AR.Drone 2.0 range, including:
- Ultra intuitive piloting mode via Wi-Fi with a Smartphone or a Tablet running on iOS or Android
- A dedicated AR.FreeFlight piloting platform available for free on the AppStore and Google Play
- HD Camera (1280×720) with video and photo storage and sharing capabilities
- Amazing flight stabilisation
- Front, back or side flips
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (up to 12 minutes extra flight time)
The Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition is available from November 2013, from leading retailers and RC stores. Price AU$379.