Pokemon fans have a lot of news to chew on, as first up comes the results of the results of the 2013 Pokémon Championship Series, covering the DS video game franchise as well as the Trading Card Game. After a heated night in Vancouver, Canada, your winners are as follows:
- 2013 Pokémon TCG Junior Division World Champion, Ondrej Kujal from Czech Republic.
- 2013 Pokémon Video Game Junior Division World Champion, Brendan Zheng from United States.
- 2013 Pokémon TCG Senior Division World Champion, Kaiwen Cabbabe from Australia.
- 2013 Pokémon Video Game Senior Division World Champion, Hayden McTavish from United States.
- 2013 Pokémon TCG Masters Division World Champion, Jason Klaczynski from United States.
- 2013 Pokémon Video Game Masters Division World Champion, Arash Ommati from Italy.
Here is an official statement on the event, which will take place in Washington DC – as well as some news on what the winners went home with.
Winners of the invitation-only tournament earned the title of Pokémon World Champion, received a special World Championships trophy featuring Pikachu, won a trip to next year’s World Championships in Washington, DC, and collected scholarship money. The Pokémon Company International has awarded more than $2 million in scholarships since it began running the tournaments.
“The Pokémon World Championships celebrate an international community that is unified by the fun, friendship, and mutual respect that the Pokémon spirit embodies,” said J.C. Smith, director of Consumer Marketing for The Pokémon Company International. “We are incredibly proud of all the players who competed this weekend and want to extend a big congratulations to the 2013 Pokémon World Champions who represented their nations proudly.”
Now, for even better news, the Mega Evolutions that were revealed the other day now have more weight, as Mega Ampharos, Mega Absol, and Mega Mawile have been revealed in a new trailer. Check that out below, and stay tuned as more Pokemon X & Y news is sure to come as we get closer to a release date.Related Articles for this post below: