Today, Atlus have released R.I.P.D.: The Game for the Xbox Live Arcade, Playstation Network, and Steam. For those who are new to the brand, R.I.P.D. (Rest In Peace Department) comes from a new movie featuring Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges, where two undead cops must go after the zombie-like foes that have invaded the human world. The game offers the same action, enemies, and humor from the flick, but is played as a third-person, wave-based shooter.
- Film Authenticity – Working directly with Universal, Old School received ongoing access to the movie materials so that players could experience a faithful adaptation of the unique world of R.I.P.D., including environments, enemies, weaponry, effects and humor from the film.
- Partner with Your Friends Online – Two-player online co-op allows wannabe gunslingers to use teamwork as they battle their way through the game. Your enemies won’t have a chance against the right team strategy.
- Over-the-Top Action -Gunslingers will blast, impale, explode, and arrest enemies just as the heroes do in the film.
- Unique In-Game Betting System – Co-op partners can put their in-game currency where their mouth is with a new feature that allows them to bet on who’s a better R.I.P.D. officer. Measured by which player can capture the most enemies, who can stay standing the longest, and other action-packed challenges, the virtual betting system allows players to always keep the stakes high.
- Challenges Galore – Being an R.I.P.D. officer doesn’t mean blasting enemies all the time. Random challenges will appear during each stage to allow players to test their mettle for extra gold pieces.
You can pick up R.I.P.D.: The Game on your preferred platform today for $9.99, and check out the movie when it launches this weekend.