NeocoreGames has just announced that The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is out for PC via Steam at the small price of $14.99. What can you expect? Well, those that can attest to Diablo III’s gameplay can certainly relate to that of Van Helsing‘s. Interactive environments with a wide range of mystical enemy variations are the regular occurrences of the gothic-noir title. Bram Stoker’s Dracula might be even jealous of this storyline…
Here are some of the key features:
- Detailed level-up system – Players are able to spend points on hit points, mana, damage, and much more as they traverse through skill trees to mold Van Helsing to their liking.
- Hunter’s Lair – A central hub for players to stash collected loot, trade with non-playable characters, accept new quests from allies who join the resistance against the scientific scourge, teleport between locations, and utilize the alchemy lab.
- Tower-defense mini-game – When the Hunter’s Lair is attacked by enemies, players have the opportunity to defend their home with deployable traps and several upgradable functions to ward off evil.
- Rage system – Enabling players to have up to three active skill modifiers called PowerUps, players have the ability to charge their PowerUps by way of spending Rage points collected from impressive feats.
- Unique companion system – Lady Katarina, a ghost with snappy wit, comes to the support of Van Helsing with her own set of abilities, behaviors, and skill tree.