Sins of the Solar Empire: Rebellion will be getting it’s very first DLC called “Forbidden Worlds“. The DLC will add things like new planet types, new planet specialization, technologies, planetary bonuses and additional Steam achievements.
The Official Feature list is as noted below:
• Four new planet types to colonize and exploit (Barren, Ferrus, Greenhouse, Oceanic), each created with beautiful high-res textures.
• New Planet Specialization System: Dedicate your worlds to either social or industrial output. Devoting your planet to social improvements will increase its population and culture, at the cost of trade income and ship production. Choosing an industrial path will limit your growth and culture, but make your planet a trading and ship building powerhouse.
• 15 new research subjects allow the races to conquer and expand onto the forbidden worlds.
• Discover 40 new planet bonuses during your exploration of the galaxy, unlocking the dark past of the Sins’ universe.
• Unlock five new Steam Achievements and display your mastery of forbidden space!
The new DLC The Forbidden Worlds will be available direct as well as on Steam, GameStop, GamersGate and GameFly. It is slated for release on the 5th of June and will go for $4.99. For more info hit up the games website here.