Today Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be released worldwide on August 27th for both the PlayStation 3 and PC. The PC version will cost $29.99 while the PlayStation 3 version will cost $39.99 in North America.
However along with this the company also announced that there will be a special Collector’s Edition version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn which will cost $79.99 for the PS3 and $69.99 for the PC version in North America.
This Collector’s Edition includes the following bonuses:
- Collector’s box designed by Yoshitaka Amano, legendary Final Fantasy artist
- 80-page “Art of Eorzea” hardcover art book featuring never-before-seen concept art
- “The Waning of the Sixth Sun,” a special bonus video disc that takes a cinematic look at the events that led up to the realm being reborn
- “Sounds of Eorzea” album that features musical scores by renowned Final Fantasy series composers
- Five collectable character art cards
- A Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn-branded security token to secure user accounts
- In-game bonus items: Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Coeurl Mount and Behemoth Barding
It is also worth noting that anyone who pre-orders the game will also be able to net the Cait Sith Doll Minion vanity pet, Mog Cap-themed headgear and early access to the game. Below you can find how the game’s box art will look in North America and Europe while the Australian box art can be seen above. Those curious about the monthly subscription fee will be interested to hear that the US fee will be $12.99 a month while accounts in Australia will cost $19.95 a month. To see a graphical and UI comparison between the PC and PS3 versions game check out the Tour of Eorzea video below.