S2 Games, developers of the popular MOBA (Massive Online Battle Arena) game Heroes of Newerth, announced the release of a new patch out now for their flagship title.
According to S2 games, patch 3.0 will help push a new player experience in a big way. The patch brings with it “an entirely revamped Walkthrough”, better preparing new players for battle in Newerth. They’ve also released a series of videos called the “Learnatorium.” Other major enhancements brought with HoN 3.0 include:
- Graphical upgrades to many of the heroes as well as the 5v5 map, Forests of Caldavar.
- Reworked and enhanced UI including customizable friends list notifications, streamlined options menu, and enhanced in-game chat
- Bot Matches against computer-controlled opponents on Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulties
- New and improved Referral Program that incentivizes players with both in-game rewards and real-world, tangible prizes
- Report-A-Player system, giving the community the power to self-police