Fans of dungeon crawlers like the Diablo and Torchlight franchises should keep their eyes and ears open for days like this.
The developers of Path of Exile, a free action role-playing game from Grinding Gear Games, announced today that the Open Beta is live. With the launch of the open beta, 50 percent more content has been added from the alpha including access to the third act of the story.
According to the press release, some key features of Path of Exile include:
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Build unlimited unique characters on a gigantic skill tree
- Combine over 110 skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Download and play for free, but never ‘pay-to-win’
- Explore randomly generated levels for extreme replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
- Battle in PVP tournaments for worldwide recognition
Players interested in giving Path of Exile a try should head over to their website and sign up today.