The “Halo 4” Limited Edition, announced earlier today, maximizes your multiplayer experience and puts you in the boots of a Spartan-IV aboard the UNSC Infinity – the hub of your “Halo” multiplayer career. The “Halo 4” Limited Edition includes:
- War Games Map Pack Access – The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. (A detailed release schedule for the map packs will be announced at a later time)
- Specializations – Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. Purchasers of the “Halo 4” Limited Edition will get access on launch day, while others will have to wait as Specializations are released over time.
- UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet – Includes an armor customization schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan-IVs.
The Limited Edition will also feature the following exclusive digital content-
- Spartan-IV “Recruit” In-Game Armour
- Spartan-IV “Prime” In-Game Armour Skin
- Assault Rifle “Prime” In-Game Weapon Skin
- “Prime” In-Game Emblem
- Xbox LIVE Avatar “Recruit” Armour
- Cryo-Tube Xbox LIVE Avatar Prop
“Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, and provide an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.”
-“Halo 4” Limited Edition also includes the following bonus videos:
-Bonus in-fiction content expanding the characters and stories of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
-Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
-Making of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
The also announced that the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass will be released as a stand alone product that will include access to nine multiplayer maps that will be released post launch. The season pass also includes three in-game exclusives which are the Spartan-IV “Scanner” and “Strider” Helmets and then also the “Falcon” in-game emblem. The map pass will be available for purchase at the same time as Halo 4 launches.
The “Halo 4” Limited Edition will be released on November 6, 2012 for $100 and for those restricted spenders, you will be able to pick up the standard edition for $60 at the same time.