Although Kinect Sports Season Two originally launched with only 6 sports, Rare has been steadily adding new modes through DLC. This week they added Basketball. Priced at 400 Microsoft Points, the Basketball add-on includes 3 modes to play through: Alley-Oop Dreams, Shot Party and 3-Point Hero, all playable solo or in multiplayer, Quick Play or Challenge Play. In addition, all of the features below are included.
• New achievements for players to unlock
• Playable single person or multiplayer (1-4 players)
• Available in Quick Play mode or in Challenge Play mode
– Test shooting skills from various spots around the court and shoot as many hoops as you can before time runs out
– Jump to shoot and score baskets
– Balls are worth 3 pts. each
– ‘Bonus ball’ rewards players with extra time
– Use precision timing to clear rotating targets (music discs) in front of the basket
– Trigger musical tunes and rack up points with each disc you hit
– Employ a standing shot from in front of the basket in same manner as free throw
– Beware of penalties for hitting a black vs. silver disc
– Employ passing accuracy and timing skills to set up Alley-Oop scenarios for your team
– Set your team up to score with passing left, right, high and low
– Rack up points by supporting your team (green) and avoiding opponents (red)
Grab the DLC here, or watch the trailer below first.