Have an old guitar laying around, just collecting dust? Well, you may very well be interested in what Zivix is preparing to unleash. Today, JAM Live Music Arcade was announced for both the PSN and Xbox Live Arcade. This title is as it sounds and will let players enjoy playing with tunes of all sorts, but with more of a sandbox styled experience.
JAM Live Music Arcade lets players choose to be a DJ, band leader, and producer and have total control of their own experience. As far as actually playing the arcade portion of the game goes, you get to take the role as a guitarist, bassist, drummer, singer and synth player and play one of 30 tracks from the start, or your own custom built songs, but with more of an emphasis on “exploring” music..rather than just trying to accumulate a high score.
“JAM Live Music Arcade builds upon years of our music experience and some of the successes we had with previous iterations of the JAM franchise, but takes it to an entirely new level allowing creative freedom and a closer connection to the music,” said Chad Koehler, vice president of Zivix LLC. “The world loves music, and this product provides immediate accessibility in a totally new way. If you’re looking to jam out, turn the living room in to a live show and experiment with a near-infinite bank of sounds, effects and rhythms, then this is the experience for you. If you’re interested in a more traditional follow-the-leader type of play, then we’ve included the Arcade Mode just for that purpose. With the great songs and artists we have and the wide variety refreshingly creative different play modes, JAM Live Music Arcade is the breath of fresh air the music gaming genre needs.”
JAM Live Music Arcade is a completely new approach to the music genre with a real-time live music sandbox that allows the player to immediately build and customize their very own tunes. Starting with any one of the 30+ licensed songs featured in the game (including hits from Modest Mouse, Fallout Boy, Fatboy Slim, Rise Against, Atmosphere and more), players jam with and remix all aspects of the song – guitar, bass, drums, synth and vocals – to experiment with the song and re-create it to their own personality. All of this is done with any one of the compatible guitar gaming peripherals – the entire band is in your hands! Accessible and easy to get started, yet deep and almost endless to master, everyone can touch real music across a broad range of sonic tastes. JAM Live Music Arcade offers an immersive level of musical interaction that’s inspiring, powerful and contagious.
Features of JAM Live Music Arcade include:
- Allows the player to experience music in a different and creative way by controlling and remixing all aspects of the song – it’s an entire band in your hands!
- Players have complete creative control over the music and are rewarded for their sense of timing by getting into the flow of the music and beat
- Featuring 32 tracks from major artists to top-touring indie bands designed specifically for the JAM platform, JAM Live Music Arcade offers a wide variety of musical stylings
- Compatible with any of the millions of gaming guitar peripherals on the market today
- JAM’s Arcade Mode not only engages a new type of follow the leader pathway and gameplay style, but also incorporates more controller actions from an up-strum to the whammy bar, creating even more of a challenge
- Dynamic visuals respond to your every move, ensuring your visual jam is just as unique as your musical one
- User created content: Create a mix, replay or challenge it in Arcade Mode
With the complete death as of late to arcade music titles, JAM seems to be something rather refreshing from the sound of it and if these promises of creative control hold up, we could very well be looking at a new door opening for the genre. As of now, JAM Live Music Arcade doesn’t currently have a release date or pricing details, but those wanting to find out more can check out the official website here and the new trailer down below.