My, oh my, what a day it has been. The Sydney Manga and Anime Show Convention was put simply a crazy whirlwind of announcements, special guests, excitement, cosplay and of course anime and manga goodness.
Many companies were present at the event and in what is a first for this particular company, Madman Entertainment announced several acquisitions at the event during their panel at 12:30pm.
Titles announced to have been acquired by Madman are as follows:
- Baka and Test: Summon the Beast
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge
- Trigun: Badlands Rumble
Madman announced a release date for each of them, with Baka and Test: Summon the Beast and Trigun: Badlands Rumble being released this November and Night Stalkers: Darkstalkers Revenge being released this December.
Along side these acquisition announcements Madman also answered several fan questions, from the Q&A session the following information was revealed:
- Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood + Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood Movie (Box Set) – Later this year, specific date unconfirmed.
- Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood Movie to be screened in Cinema’s nation-wide for one night only.
- Trigun: Badlands Rumble to be screened in Cinema’s nation-wide for one night only.
- Black Butler Season 2 coming 1st Quarter of 2012.
- Dragon Ball Z Kai currently in legal struggle regarding music, however Collection 4 & 5 to be released in November and
Collection 6 to be released in December.
- Macross series unobtainable to Madman due to issues with Japanese right holders. Not likely to ever make it to Australian
- Madman anime and movies will now be regularly added to FOXTEL on XBOX 360, Playstation Network and iTunes.
What do you guys, think of these announcements? Let us know in the comments section below.