Fans of classic / retro styled Role-Playing Games are in for a treat with the latest game from independant developer Spiderweb Software, Avadon: The Black Fortress. Recently released on the PC and MAC, it’s a game that visually oozes that retro RPG style. It is also the first chapter in what appears to be a series of titles within the series.
The game is to feature an epic adventure with 4 classes for players to choose from, a world full of lore with a fascinating history, side quests, dungeons, spells, magical items and a huge world with plenty to do or replay. The games backstory has to do with five great nations entering a pact of great military power, which they have name Avadon. Players will be able to visit all five kingdoms of Avadon to uncover the reasons behind why your fellow Hands of Avadon have been going missing in recent times. The game features 5 different endings for players to unlock based on their action throughout the game as well as a hard effort of 50 hours+ per run.
The hardware requirements for the game are modest at best with them being –
Windows/Macintosh System Requirements:
- PC Running Windows XP or later or Macintosh running System 10.4 or later
- 800 MhZ processor. Minimum 1.6 GhZ processor recommended.
- Video card or processor with OpenGL support and 32 MB video RAM (64 MB recommended).
- 512 MB RAM, and 200 MB hard disk space.
- 1024×600 screen resolution with 32 bit color.
- Avadon will run natively on Intel Macintoshes.
Be sure to check out the Avadon Website for more info.
Go here to obtain the demo.