It looks like purchasers of Bulletstorm’s Epic Edition are feeling less and less special every day because it was just announced by Epic and GameStop themselves that if you pre-order the game from their company you will be able to gain access to the Gears of War 3 beta on April 25th. Sure this is a week later than those who bought Bulletstorm but how many people bought Bullestorm thinking it was their only way into the beta, only to find out this information after the fact.
With this announcement also comes a full list of unlockable content that is obtainable in the Gears of War 3 Beta and can be used in the full game after it comes out. Catch the full list below and remember you only have three weeks to get a hold of your golden chainsaws.
- Beta Tester Medal – Complete one match in the beta to unlock the Beta Tester medal, which will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game. The Beta Tester title will be featured in the “Gears 3” multiplayer lobby as well.
- Thrashball Cole – Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock the Thrashball Cole character variant in the beta. Once unlocked, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the beta and the character will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Gold-Plated Retro Lancer – Show your ultimate “Gears of War” fandom by unlocking the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock it for the beta, and score 100 kills with it once unlocked to carry the exclusive weapon skin over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Flaming Hammerburst – Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Lancer – Complete one match during the week of April 25 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 2 to unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Gnasher Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 9 to unlock this weapon variant.