Believe it or not, the Wii version of Call of Duty has a pretty decent sized community. I haven’t really had a chance to check this version out myself, but either way there is certainly quite a few people on the servers at this moment throwing down in some serious gunfights. Thankfully Treyach has not forgot about their Nintendo players as the developer has been trying to tend to any problems with numerous patches since release. After nearly two months since Wii users saw the last patch applied, Treyarch have now added a rather large update that Black Ops owners can add today which can now be downloaded through the Wii Shop channel.
Here is what is included in this update (via Treyarch forums):
- • Fixed issue where players were taking damage from falls with Light Weight Pro equipped
- • Fixed an issue where leader board would go into hang state if the user has 50+ allies
- • Enemy turrets now glow when the hacker pro perk is equipped
- • Team mates who are in your party will show up as blue on your mini map
- • Improvements made in the matchmaking service
- • Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
- • Flak Jacket Pro will now protect against napalm strikes
- • Contracts will now reset when a player prestiges
- • Melee attack radius has been optimized
- • Spawn points have been adjusted in Havana – this should prevent the spawn killing in the Demolition game type
- • Player can no longer load the thunder gun manually – Matches PS360 functionality
- • Zombies Melee damage has been adjusted to match PS360 behavior
- • Fixed issue where the player can complete “The Shortcut” challenge by climbing down a tall ladder
- • Improved Zombie pathing. Zombies should no longer switch directions randomly, teleport through floors, walls, etc.
- • Fix for the 3 weapon exploit when using the last grenade
- • Implemented a way to create a new private party while in a public lobby for when the lobby leader has disbanded the private party.
- • Fix to prevent a player from re-rolling the SAM or Sentry drops
- • Resolved issues where the player could leave the following maps: Havana, Summit, Hanoi
- • Second Chance – players that put an enemy into Second Chance are now credited for a full kill once that enemy dies. If another player kills the enemy while the enemy is in Second Chance, they will get assist credit.
I really applaud Treyarch for correcting so many issues as Wii users still spent their money for the game and deserve this support that we have seen for the much more populated Xbox 360, PS3, and PC versions of the game. By the looks of it, it seems this patch will be a huge help all over and couldn’t come at a better time. As seen in the post in the forums, there still is no clear update when or even if any add-ons will be gracing the console, but honestly I just don’t see it happening with Black Ops for the Wii as the system just isn’t quite made for such large downloadable additions.Related Articles for this post below: