Square Enix’s newest Final Fantasy game will be released outside of Japan after all. And not just that but it will be seeing a complete worldwide release next year in 2011. The name may have not changed at all, and will still be called Dissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy, which is the sequel to the previous Dissidia game. There is a bit of extra information as to why the 12 was added however.
The Duodecim means 12 in Latin and refers to this being the twelfth battle between the Chaos and Cosmos. Both good and evil characters will join together and fight one another in battle. Not only that but three new characters have already been confirmed; Lightning, Kain, and Tifa.
Beyond the three already announced characters, players will be able to experience both the Chaos and the Cosmos storyline and experience many new additions to the series which you can see below:
- Combining all-out brawling alongside RPG-style character development and customization, the creators of the FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS series take fighting gameplay to another level.
- New Assist Mode – Choose your own ‘Assist’ character to give you back-up in battle
- Battle with exciting new characters including Kain (FINAL FANTASY IV) and Lightning (FINAL FANTASY XIII)
- New Chaos storyline and story missions to battle through
- Look out for more surprise new features and characters to be revealed in the coming months
Catch the newly released trailer below!