The wait is finally over, today Microsoft unveiled Project Natal’s final name: Kinect
The unveiling event was performed by the Cirque du Soleil, Microsoft already opened a page detailing what was showed, you can see it here.
USA Today shared a list with some of Kinect’s initial games:
- Kinectimals lets you train and play with 20 different virtual cats, including a lion, cheetah and tiger.
- Joyride, a racing game, lets players use their hands to hold an imaginary steering wheel — pull your hands toward you and push back out for an acceleration boost — and their bodies to execute jumps and tricks.
- Kinect Sports has six activities including boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis. To serve a volleyball, you mimic the real motion; in soccer, you can kick the ball or do a header.
- Kinect Adventures includes a river-raft time trial and obstacle course, playable by up to four players. On the raft, playing as a duo, you and a partner must lean one way or another to steer. Jumping helps the raft reach special areas for extra points.
- Dance Central, in development by MTV Games, brings a So You Think You Can Dance experience home.
- Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney.
There’s some rumors about an really high price for Kinect, about U$189.00, but this has yet to be confirmed.
And something really curious is circulating the web, check out this old PS2 eye-toy featured game:
Some really funny coincidences in there, huh? 😛