Valve has announced that they’ve issued the first patch for Left 4 Dead 2, fixing a number of bugs ranging from matchmaking issues with getting into Advance and Expert games to performance issues with rendering decals.
The patch will automatically be applied the next time you load up your Steam client.
A full list of fixes for this patch can be seen below.
- Fixed performance problem when rendering lots of decals, notably when fighting tanks with shotguns
- Fixed rcon response not working on Linux dedicated servers
- Fixed matchmaking problem matching into Advanced and Expert games
- Fix bug that would cause other specials to try to pummel a player a Charger disconnects or reconnects
- Fixed versus mode results panel being cut off in transition stats screen in non-english
- Found games: fixed non-player entries drawing the wrong type of icon in the selected item name label
- Game mode selector on main menu now takes keyboard input